I’ve got this tendency to work on ambitious projects. I think it’s a good way to get extra value from a project. If I can learn something new while developing a website or application, I see that as an earn! Of course it doesn’t always lead to speedy results and every extra hour I work drives down my hourly earn… but in the end, the newly acquired knowledge and experience helps drive my progression and results in a better product.
Having said that, I’ve turned to Ember.js as my framework of choice for an, you guessed it, ambitious application…
1 month later… So I started writing this post about a month ago and the original idea was to just post things I’ve learnt about Ember. Since then, Ember released v.1.0.0-pre.2 with a new router API (v.2) and just a few days later, a build from the master branch reveals a slightly modified router on its way to v.2.1. This rapid development cycle is mainly due to the fact that Ember is approaching v.1.final or whatever you want to call it.
Anyway, because Ember.js is like a budding teenager, documentation gets dated real quick. So what I’ve decided to do is maintain (for the time being) a list of official docs, non-official docs, gists, GitHub repos, jsfiddles, blog posts, screencasts, irc logs, napkins and stone engravings relating to Ember.js & Ember Data.
I hope this helps!
[Most recent discoveries at the top + all links update at least weekly. Resources which are no longer relevant are struck-through]
Last updated: 28.01.2013
- Ember.js & Data – Peepcode Fire Up Ember screencast/tutorial
- Ember.js & Data – Addy Osmani TodoMVC freshly updated by Tom Dale
- Ember Data – Tom Dale discussing Ember Data
- Ember.js – Yehuda Katz discussing the new router (v.2) API
- Ember.js – Hurdles getting started with Ember.js
- Ember.js – Everything you never wanted to know about the Ember Run Loop (if you’re smarter than I am, you might appreciate this)
Ember.js – Route nesting sample – jsFiddle
- Ember Data – How to find a model by any attribute in Ember.js
Ember.js – A wycats gist: Ember Router v.2.1
- Ember.js – Trek’s fully commented TodoMVC sample
- Ember.js – reopen() & reopenClass() working samples – jsFiddle
- Ember.js – The official GitHub repo. (Check the issues and commits, there’s good stuff in there)
- Ember.js – Official blog (Not updated very often but when it is, it’s worth it)
- Ember.js – Official Guides (They’ve been recently revamped to work with router v.2 but not v2.1.)
- Ember.js – Official API (If you’re building from source and getting the latest and greatest, the API can sometimes be lagging but it’s otherwise a great resource)
- Ember.js – Using jQuery UI with Ember.js
You’ve reached the bottom! If you have an Ember.js or Ember Data resource that you think would enhance this list, please post it in the comments and I’ll gladly add it to the list.